Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.13.2010

T for Tuesday.

Not a terribly exciting day, I'm sorry to say!

But I did try a new breakfast of oats.

Now, I hate oatmeal. I have never liked it... the texture, the sweetness, ewwwwww. However, I can't deny the testimonials of everyone who says it keeps them fuller longer than other carbs, and gets them through intense cardio sessions. So, I decided to give it a try.

I read about savory oatmeal before, so I thought I would try that. After perusing several recipes, I found a very simple trend: oats + water + salt + soy sauce.

My mix was
  • 1/2 cup steal cut oats
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • sprinkle of sea salt
  • 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
I cooked the oats, water, and salt on the stove then stirred in the soy sauce once cooked. Had some milk on the side:

It was actually okay! The texture is still strange to me, but taste-wise I liked it a lot! It was a ton of oats, and I only ate about 75% of it.

I had a banana at 11:15, so the oats held me over for about 3 hours:

I had a replica of my salmon wrap from yesterday with more veggies packed in, plus some steamed mushrooms:

90 calorie wrap, 1.5 oz smoked salmon, greens, tomatoes, red onion, and capers.

And what would an afternoon of paper writing be without some diet coke?

I wrote all afternoon, and was happy to get out of the house to meet Kyle for dinner and some friends for happy hour.

Kyle and I went to the Marathon Deli, a greek hole-in-the-wall in town. I had a chicken gyro with fries:

It was okay.. I love the seasoning for the fries ( I ate about half), but there wasn't much meat in the sandwich. Oh well, it was nice getting out despite the rainy yucky weather!

After dinner we hit the Cornerstone to meet Karen & co. Karen defended her master's thesis today, so we had a quick little happy hour before class.

I had a Shock Tap draft x2. Yummy!

Now I need to hit the sack; another full day of writing ahead tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment