Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.28.2010

4/24 Recap

Ah, Durham. How I've missed you. I totally did not appreciate my hometown enough growing up there!

On Saturday am I had half a luna:

Then we went to the Fish Shack for lunch, a new addition the Q-Shack, a BBQ place. We started with an order of hush puppies, split between me, Kyle, and my mommy:

Perfect for dipping in spicy cocktail sauce!

I got fish tacos with a side of fried okra (a southern fave)

Was not impressed; I didn't realize the fish tacos would be fried, and the provided almost no tomato garnish for them. Sadly just about everything on the menu looked fried.

Kyle and I hit up Harris Teeter for some supplies, and I had a sample sugar cookie:

When we got home, Ky and I opened some wine for us and my dad, plus some bread and tapenade, which aparently I took no photos of.

Dinner was out at a new Indian place Sitar. Sadly, it was a buffet which we were not prepared for considering it was dinner time. I took a little scoop of each item that was NOT fried:

It looks like a lot, but it is mostly veggies, and I got no bread or rice. I ate about 2/3... some of the stuff was good, some was pretty bland. I would have liked to order off the menu, but we had three separate people come by our table to "make sure we knew there was a buffet." As in, DO NOT order off the menu.

After dinner we hung out with the parents, and of course had more wine :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment