Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.15.2010

It's ALMOST the weekend!

Last night Ky and I watched an "advanced" copy of Up in the Air last night... it was actually pretty good; I'm not sure why Anna Kendrick (twilight girl) was worthy of Golden Globe and Academy Award noms, but it was good nonetheless.

Before the movie, I had a mini-bag of popcorn:

And the Artichoke-Tomato Sauce I made this weekend:

I made it even heartier by mixing in a huge scoop of spaghetti squash and 1/2 bag of fresh spinach. I had about 2 oz of whole wheat pasta underneath my massive mound of veggie goodness!

Ky and I also went through some wine, as is evident from this photo taken this morning :-)

I went with Ky to his post-op check this morning, so I didn't have time for the gym. I did have time for McDonalds... OOPS! No pic...

I had a late lunch (like, 2?!) of the last bit of chicken verde, and was upset to find we accidentally threw out our spinach.

Plus a FUZE!

Dinner was great... we ordered from Hanami, I couldn't get those yummy udon noodles from last week off my mind!

This week we got the yaki udon noodles with shrimp (love that they do not charge extra for shrimp as opposed to chicken or beef!!) and a dinner box.

Based on our past experience, we knew that getting a dinner box each was waaay too much food, and here is the proof!

Yaki Udon:

Dinner Box:
Green salad + Ginger Dressing

Miso Soup

California Roll
Negimaki Beef (Scallions wrapped in beef) + rice, Tempura Shrimp + veggies, and Mini Dumplings
Everything was really really good for college town delivery sushi, except the negimaki. It was that or teriyaki, and I didn't want my entree covered in sodium high teriyaki sauce. I mean, look how good this picture of negimaki looks I found today:

Ours had very thin layers of beef, and the scallions looked and tasted burnt. At least everything else was tasty!

My plate:

I also had the salad and gave the miso to Kyle. Still not a very "green" day... need to remedy that tomorrow!

Now I am going to relax and read for class; intense paper writing days tomorrow and Friday :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment