Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.12.2010

Loving that Arc Trainer...

I seriously am having a love affair with the Arc Trainers at the gym. Hopefully it won't become love-hate!

Little recap, last night I split a pack of Zebra cakes with Ky... can't buy that stuff anymore! Too tempting!

This morning I powered up for the gym with an old favorite:

But it wasn't enough for my ~500 calorie workout:
  • 30 minutes Arc Trainer, level 8 burned 350 calories
  • 25 minutes stationary bike, level 12 burned 200 calories
I know those calorie counters aren't accurate, so I subtracted 50 from the total 550. Man, I was STARVING once I hit the locker room. That hasn't happened before! Need to try something else, maybe?

Lunch was made and devoured when I walked in the door; a delicious salmon wrap :-) Gotta get those omega-3 fatty acids!

Only 90 calories!

My smoked salmon:

I used about 1.5 (half the pack) of salmon + laughing cow herb cheese spread + some capers:

Then filled it out with 2 sliced campari tomatoes, red onion, and spring greens mix:

Yum!


Plus a new Fuze Slenderize:

I liked this one a lot, but the Tangerine-Grapefruit flavor is the best! I sipped on this all afternoon, and despite feeling a bit tired around 3-5, I resisted any caffeine today :-)

I had a veggie-ful snack:

1/2 cup spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup of tomato-artichoke sauce. SO GOOD. Looking forward to having more later this week. It's rare to have a fridge full of food you want to eat that is all good for you.

Dinner was chicken verde... too add even more nutrients I roasted some peppers and onions:

I had ~1 cup of the verde on a bed of spinach, surrounded by roasted veggies and topped with fresh cut tomatoes and ~1/4 avocado:

So good; zesty comfort food!

Now I am going to read for my night class tomorrow and write a paper/presentation for Thursday. Less than a month from now I will be done with my masters :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment