Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.05.2010

GO DUKE!

The National Championship game is tonight... GO DUKE!

I'm really excited, and wish I had some fellow Dukies to watch with. Sadly, I'll be (hopefully) cheering them to victory solo.

I felt AWFUL again yesterday after brunch, but rose to the occasion for some easter dinner. Dinner last night was very classy:

A hot dog with ketchup and spiced up sweet potato fries. This hit the spot... hot dogs are ab fab! Never underestimate the power of simple comfort food!

This week I plan to get back on track in terms of diet and exercise; my stomach has been angry the past few days, and I think it is because of the extra candy, caffeine, and processed foods I have had in the past several days. My body has had mostly healthy, simple foods for a few months now, so eating so much crap at all once really took its toll on me.

This morning I snacked on some bunnies pre/post gym:

Clearly I need to hit up the grocery store!

At the gym:
  • 30 minutes elliptical, level 12 random
I got home and had a one egg, spinach, and provolone sandwich with some orange slices:

Then I ran some errands, did some major cleaning, as well as a few craft projects. I forgot to take pics; will post soon!


Lunch was Chipotle!

Rice, black beans, steak, corn, tomatoes with guacamole.... they didn't hear me say "guac on the side" and I got a huge slathering of it in my bol... I tried to scrap a bunch off. I have to say, another thing I love about Chipotle is that they purchase their produce locally, meaning it is not only more healthy and fresh but also supportive of local farmers. Win win!

Now I am sipping on a beer while doing my taxes. AWESOME!

Speaking of beer... one of my new favorite blogs is The Healthy Tipping Point. Caitlin is an awesome vegetarian athlete who is a lover of beer! In a cookie cutter blog world of people who eat rabbit food and shun alcohol, it's nice to see her embrace a true love of hers, brewskies!

Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment