Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.11.2010

Sunday

Happy Sunday... I love how Sundays either have a lazy I-don't-have-to-do-anything-until-Monday vibe, or a crap-I-have-a-lot-to-do-today-or-else vibe.

I am of the former mindset for the first time in ages... relaxation is key. How could I not be, it is so gorgeous outside!





We may not have hot water for ONE MONTH TODAY, but at least we have come nice flowers and a dogwood tree. And this little guy who lives in our yard:

Yesterday Kyle and I had a great day cruising around looking at potential areas to move to in May. It looks like we will either be in the SE corner of the DC-Metro area, or north of Baltimore. We are not thrilled with either, but at least SE DMV means I'll still be close to home!

For lunch we went Cube de Ayer, a well reviewed hole-in-the-wall place. Seriously, we almost didn't go in because it was behind a sketchy liquor store and a few abandoned places, but I am so glad we gave it a chance!

We started with the combination appetizer:

I loved the Yuca and roasted pork, but the croquettes were a little gross.

Kyle got the raved about Ropa Vieja... which was pretty tasty; very tomato-y.

I loved my meal, which was the special Bistec with peppers and onions. You got a choice of mixing rice and beans or having them separate, plus sweet or crispy plantains. I split my sides and got the sweet plantains.... perfect!


Kyle let me try one of this crispy plantains, but the sweet ones were by far the best. I ate most of the meat/peppers, 3 sweet plantains, 1 crispy plantain, 1/2 the rice, and 1/4 the beans.... we were both stuffed!!

I only had H20 to drink, having decided to save my caffeine for an afternoon grande iced coffee.

After lunch we cruised around for a while, and I was surprised to see how uncongested and lush it is east of the beltway! Unfortunately, the little towns we looked at didn't have much going on besides a lot of chain stores/restaurants. Nt really our style for EVERY occasion.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Target and Chipotle, but not every time I need some TP or a good meal.

We had planned an amazing grilled fish dinner, but we realized we would not be back from the store, cooking, and eating until well after 8. So we stopped at some tex-mex place on the way home.

I loved the portion controlled chip servings!

I had a cadillac margarita with dinner, subbing club soda for the sweet/sour mix:

After perusing the nutritional data on the table, I settled on veggie fajitas. I had a ton of meat for lunch, so decided to pass. Good idea, look at this crazy platter they brought me!!!

Lettuce/Tomato/Guac (I scrapped off the sour cream)

Yummy veggies with a chipotle sauce and a chile releno:

Vegetarian black beans (really good!) and rice:

I ate less than half of this... and I am looking forward to eating it after my workout in a bit!

After dinner we watched some movies, and I had some champagne. YUM.

Now I am blogging, working on a grocery list and munching on the rest of my risotto (seriously, the grocery store is a top priority today!).

Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment