Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.22.2010

Shenanigans

So, yesterday I sucked it up and finished my paper! I have a little bit more busy work to do (title page, etc) but the writing and reworking is OVER.

Very happy.

To get me over the finish line I had a fabulous lunch at 11:30:

The last 4-5 pieces of chicken, the last scoop of chickpeas, 1/2 cup of rice, and a ton of spinach. Yum, and devoured instantly.

I didn't get a snack because Ky had me pick him up mid-afternoon, and we of course had to get some vino to celebrate my big accomplishment! I set up a little wine tasting for us and our roommate, Chris:

3 pinot noirs:
low sodium triscuits with laughing cow and baby bel cheeses:
In terms of the wine, the gnarly head was the cheapest, and the grossest. We didn't have more than 1/3 the bottle all night. The best was the parker station, which was the least alcohol tasting of the three.

Dinner was an amazing chunky super veggie pasta sauce!

I cut up and sauteed these veggies in some evoo and hot pepper flakes:


When the veggies were tender, I added in these spicy chicken-turkey meatballs:


I cut them up to stretch em out!

Last but not least, 1 can of no-salt tomatoes and 2/3 jar of vodka sauce:

It was a yummy delish success! I had a few scoops on 2.5 oz whole wheat pasta:

I might have had some seconds.... :-) I love chunky pasta sauces; so much more filling so you eat less pasta and more veggies!

This am I woke up and was not feeling so hot; despite my paper being done I have a million other things going on in my life that are stressing me out. It's almost like now that my paper IS done, it's finally time to deal with everything else. But that is for another day!

I had a pity party and skipped the gym, and around 11 I went and got comfort food:

And settled in to work on a few more projects until my class at 4:30. Ky got chipotle for HIS dinner, so I was on my own and grabbed a burger:

(Not my actual photo!) I got fries, too, but they were really mushy and salty, so they got tossed.

Now I am in bed, and I think I am gonna call it a night and get a nice solid night of sleep in before I'm on the go all day tomorrow.

Can't wait to see my family and PUPPY this weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment