Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.20.2010

Chocolate and Wine...

Last night after dinner Ky and I both worked a bit, and then decided we wanted some wine, and I wanted something sweet.

So, we went down the road to The Village Pump, and picked up this pinot noir

I could only think of one way to describe it.... light. Very, very light. All the way to the finish of each sip, it was very mellow, but still nice.

Ky and I split this guy:

Didn't look at the nutritionals, sorry!

After some relaxing together, we turned in and slept a good nine hours. I had a luna to start my day:

This morning I was really itching to finish my paper, so I skipped the gym and after showering on campus (1.5 months no hot water) I worked from 10:30-5 on my paper. Whew! Almost there!

I had leftovers for lunch at 11:30:

I just nuked the chicken, but I heated 2/3 cup of chickpeas on the stove and stirred in a HUGE handful of spinach. Yum!

Oddly, I was pretty hungry again at 1:30, like serious growling just 2 hours after lunch. I decided I wanted more veggies:

Sauteed carrots, red pepper, onion, and mushrooms with lots of black pepper. Yum!

At 4:30, I WAS STARVING AGAIN. Like, on the verge of painful. So, I gave in and had an early dinner. I decided my body really wanted some carbs, so I had a target brand pasta thing:

It was a mushroom sauce on pasta, basically the same thing as the mushroom gnocchi I made last week. When I cooked it, again I only used 1/2 the seasoning packet and just added my own black pepper.

It was okay... the sauce was scant (b/c I omitted half the seasoning) and glue-like. Do not recommend!

Now I am settling in after class (that went even later than usual!), and aiming to finish my paper TOMORROW instead. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment