Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.18.2010

Regular Blogging to Resume after 4/23...

I am so over school. Sometimes I wish I was still working 9-5. Only sometimes :-)

Friday morning I woke up and had a lovely bowl of oatmeal, and was ready to take on the arc trainer, my new best friend!

However, Kyle misplaced my headphones when he took his iPod this weekend, so when we got to the gym he gave me to iPod sans a very important component. Yes, I know. He is fabulous for letting me use his iPod basically whenever I want. So I really can't get mad. Buuuuut I can't exercise inside to save my life without something to distract me!

So, in my uber-bratiness, there was no workout. It worked out fine, I had a TON of work to do. I took a break for some leftover pasta sauce (recycled photo!)

I worked through the afternoon, and had some spicy peanuts around 5:30:

We tried a new (to me!) place in town... The Jungle Grille. It was okay; not amazing but did the trick.

I had the Jungle Steak Sandwich (sirloin, provolone cheese, grilled veggies, tomatoes):

I ate half of it, plus half of our fries + gravy:

When we got home, I had some sparkling white wine

while we finally watched Alice in Wonderland. Did you know I adore Alice, and once dressed up as her for halloween?

Don't mind Kyle. He was dressed as Mr. Slave from South Park. See the resemblance?

Ah, memories. Anyway, it was a fun night!

I got up to hit the gym at 8:30am... and FORGOT BREAKFAST. Bad bad BAD idea.
  • 20 minutes arc trainer, weight loss setting level 8
  • 25 minutes stationary bike, level 12
I was pooped by the end because I had no fuel. So I was ready for a huge lunch of chipotle:

+ some guac on top!

Kyle and I spent the afternoon quietly working on our respective papers. I got restless working in his office (cement walls with no windows :-(), so I went on a 2 mile walk around campus/town.

I had a small bowl of oatmeal when we got home at 5:30 because I was starving after 1) no breakfast 2) 2 exercise sessions 3) we ate lunch at 11am... I devoured 1/4 cup prepared oatmeal.

Kyle was in charge of dinner, and he made a seafood orzo based on a meal he got in Durham a few months ago:

Orzo mixed with shrimp, scallops, sauteed red pepper/onion/mushroom with spinach folded in so it wasn't too limp. It was really good! I ate all the scallops, shrimp, and veggies, but left a good bit of orzo on my plate.

Had some yummy beers as we watched Sideways. I thought the movie was a little slow, but okay.

This morning we slept in until 11:30... UNHEARD OF for me. I was, of course, starving! I made a fabulous bowl of savory oats :-)

I sauteed 1/3 diced red pepper and diced onion in a little butter, and removed it; then cooking 1/2 cup oats with 1/5 cups water in the same pot. When the oats were done I mixed the veggies back in with 2 tsp soy sauce and a sprinkle of pepper. Topped with a fried egg a la Ky.

This was AMAZINGLY GOOD. I also had a small portion of fried purple potatoes:

Plus a GIANT red bull:

Late afternoon snack was sauteed baby carrots, diced red pepper, and onion with 1/3 cup leftover plain orzo and a big handful of spinach mixed in:

My body had been screaming for veggies, and this shut 'er up!

Dinner was a delish turkey sammie:

1 slice turkey, 1 slice pepper jack cheese, spinach, onion, tomatoes on a multi grain thomas bagel thin... plus some cholula on the side! I misted each side with a bit of cooking spray, and flipped it on a skillet a few times. Now I am stuffed!

Off to read and try to get through this week... My paper is due Friday at 5pm.... then I am cruising!

No comments:

Post a Comment