Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.28.2010

4/25 Recap


I got up around 8:30 on Sunday, and had the rest of my luna from Saturday:
At 11:30 we went to brunch at Rick's Diner. I was a bit apprehensive because I have known people who worked there and said the food was made with TONS of oil. But it's only one meal, right?

I had the special Coastal Benedict, which was two crab cakes with an egg, bacon, and hollandaise on top of each. Plus I had the hash-brown casserole for my side:



It was not good. When you order a crab cake, you expect for it to be firm and CAKE like; not mush. Also, the hollandaise was flavorless. I ate about 1 1/3 of the crab cakes and half the hash browns. Plus 1.5 cups of coffee:


After brunch Ky and I decorated for the graduation party that night, and hit up TCBY for a mid-afternoon snack! I got the parfait, which is 3 toppings and 2 sections of fro-yo.

M&Ms + white chocolate mousse + PB cups + chocolate + oreos. Decadence at it's finest.

That evening the whole family got together for a Graduation Party of sorts. Mom, Dad, Zach, Mirya, Jessea, Shel, Kyle and I got to celebrate. The May 2010 Graduates:
  • Jessea, BS from Duke
  • Kat, MA from UMD
  • Kyle, PhD from UMD
  • Mirya, PhD from Claremont
So, we had a grilling frenzy! We had a ton of appetizers set out when everyone arrived, but I got no photos because I had only a few chips. I was in the kitchen trying to make sense of our grilling fiesta.

We made chicken kebabs, tuna kebabs, and veggie kebabs. For the tuna I made a special marinade:

Rice vinegar, lime juice, low-sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and red pepper. I brushed the marinade on and let them marinate for a few hours in the fridge:

Half the chicken was marinated in BBQ:

And the other half was in vinaigrette:

The veggies were grilled with a little EVOO:

The finished products + some rice on the side:




My plate:

I had a Red Stripe while cooking:

And switched to wine in my special Grad glass later:

We also got a cake!! It was too late to order a cake, so I decorated it myself:

It was a really nice, really fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment