Who Needs a Diet?

Welcome to my attempt at figuring out how to live a healthy life, while not giving up things I truly love to do and eat!

4.04.2010

Rested!. yf

I have had a very nice few relaxing days... sadly not much time with Kyle. Our schedules didn't match up at all.

Thursday afternoon I gave my presentation, and snacked on a snickers:

I sort of wish I hadn't; not because they are so bad, but because I should have know I was getting a lot of Easter candy in just a few short days.

Thursday dinner was spinach and roasted veggies; no pic! Then the last of the leftover pizza.

Friday am I took Kyle over to Fairfax to get his dental surgery. Another pictureless event... I had McDonalds for breakfast. I have not done that in MONTHS, but it was Ky's last meal so I gave in :-)

Friday afternoon I made some more yummy roasted veggies:

Parsnips, carrots, purple potatoes, butternut squash, red onion.

And I had mac and cheese + peas for lunch, and it made me sick! I threw up and felt gross the rest of the day.

So, for dinner I incorporated some ginger into my meal, which really helps settle my stomach. I sauteed/steamed red cabbage, mushrooms, and shredded carrots in a ginger/shallot/lime mix. It was basically the larb gai from last week sans chicken:

It was tasty, and I crashed shortly after.

On lazy day #2, I woke up ready to hit the gym! My body still felt tired, but mentally I was angry at having only worked out one day all week. So I had a long leisurely workout:
  • 30 minutes on treadmill; 4.0 incline at 4.0 mph!!!! new speed record on such an incline
  • 20 minutes elliptical; LEVEL 12 random!
I was very proud of myself! So I celebrated with a spinach/feta wrap from S*bucks and a venti coffee; no milk or sweetener:


I then set to work on some art projects (to be discussed when they are more in motion!) while Kyle was at work. I started feeling sick AGAIN, and though maybe I need straight carbs.

Bad idea.

I went to Jason's Deli and got some veggie pasta:

I can't tell you the last time I had white pasta.... it didn't help much. I mostly ate the veggies, and one piece of foccacia. And a little fro yo:

After lunch I did some more sketching (excited for this project!!!!), and my stomach finally chilled the ef out.

Good thing, too, because one of my greatest friends from college, Ashleigh, was in town!

Disco much?

Ashleigh was my big brother in my fraternity, Phi Sigma Pi. We hung out a lot over my three years at the College of Charleston, and WE HAVE NOT SEEN EACHOTHER IN ALMOST THREE YEARS!

Ashleigh drove up with our other friend, Erin, to visit ANOTHER friend Amy in Annapolis:

That is me in the center, with Ashleigh to my right and Erin to my left. This was right before a semi-formal, with our other fraternity "brothers" Laura and Kate.

Crazy times!

Me and Ashleigh sandwiching Kate :-)

You could say I was a bit of a goofball in college. Seeing Ashleigh and looking at these pictures makes me really miss my friendships from college; I feel like I have changed a lot from certain things I really liked about myself. I miss having girlfriends and not feeling judged all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find as many nice, caring, wonderful people in my life again. So far, in DC, I have not found many. I actually have not felt very comfortable around the people I have met here except for a few; maybe it's a southern thing?

But at least I got a few hours to re-connect with Ashleigh. It was a gorgeous DC day!




So pretty! And you can never get enough of the dinosaurs in Natural History!

After too short a time, I had to head back up to CP for the NCAA Final Four matchups! I started to feel sick AGAIN on the metro (likely motion sickness), so I had some grease:

And settled in for some EXCELLENT games. I am satisfied with the Butler > MSU win, and overjoyed that Duke STOMPED West Virginia.

I don't know if anyone who reads this follows basketball, but Huggy Bear can kiss my grits. He is the sleaziest, slimiest coach I can think of, and I don't have a lot of respect for him due to his lack of respect for other teams and NCAA policies. You could say he is a giant wanker.

I am hopping Duke can take it all home tomorrow! My big bro and his wife are in Indianapolis for the final four/championship game... must be exciting!!

During the Duke game I had one beer (Ky insisted), and some sauteed mushrooms+ onions and a small serving of black lentils:


Plus some Cherry 7-up... it looks pretty with my nails! I only drank 1/3 of that though.

This morning was EASTER! Ky was ab fab and made me an Easter Basket and got me a new toy... Pancakes the bunny!


My basket has lots of PEANUT BUTTER candy, and a bottle of Pinot I am going to save until Ky can drink again. He's so sweet :-)

Needless to say, a LOT of easter candy will be eaten today. Whatever survives will be sent to work with Kyle tomorrow so that I won't be tempted.

Breakfast was the Silver Diner because everything else was closed for Easter. I had 1/2 mug of coffee:

And a vegetarian griddle:

It had eggs, potatoes, zucchini, squash, spinach, and too much cheese. I also had a piece of rye bread with butter.

Now I am sitting here in a sugar coma, determined to enjoy my last relaxation day before I'm back to work tomorrow. Sigh. Not a lot to do here on a holiday, and poor Kyle has to work again :-(

1 comment:

  1. It was SO great to see you too :) :) Let's see each other sooner next time, k??

    I'm sorry you haven't found a good group of friends yet in DC. Im kind of struggling with that in Cola too, but I'm making the most of what I have :)

    FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT! lol thats how i feel sometimes...not all the time...but sometimes.

    Love you, little bro!!!

    ReplyDelete